Monday, November 12, 2007

Goof Ups!

A situation is humorous not by just being what it is. It's the way we look at it, interpret it or see it in that perspective.................

My mom visited me from India to the US and would very easily break into a conversation with an American in Hindi. The other day I had some technicians come over to my house to fix something, and as soon as she opened the door she told them " the lady of the house is not home right now" in HINDI. She realised what was happening when they were still standing there completely blank....................

While driving around, I showed her all kinds of fancy cars, Mercedes, BMW convertibles, Audi, Harley Davidson bike etc etc.......She liked them all, but she asked, I am surprised I didn't see a single Maruti (a very small size Indian car)here!!!!!!!!!!! I was as amused as you are while reading this..................

I love you Mom.

I was caught once for exceeding the speed limit. I heard the siren and saw the lights flashing behind me. No escape, I pulled over, the officer comes and tells me, " mam do you know the reason for being pulled over?A little encouraged at his question, told him, "may be you made a mistake, I did nothing".That may have angered him a little bit, coz he answered" well mam, if an officer catches you it's not because he likes the color of your car".....................

We have the Internet phone. Once I ran into a problem with my computer and called up the customer service. We also have a wireless connection. The guy on the phone started telling me, " OK now take off the wire from the router and connect it directly to the modem". I am admitting awfully embarrassingly that I am not very good at these things and the terminology is confusing too. I asked that guy " which one is a modem and which one is a router"? I may have kind of freaked him out as there was total silence on the other side for a few seconds. Then after a pause, he said OK let's do this. Let's reboot the computer once. Confidently I said, oh yeah that's not a problem. He said, pl. go ahead and pull the plug out from the outlet.I did that, and guess what, I forgot that I had the Internet phone...................................

I hope we never loose the ability to laugh at ourselves .....................

Posted by Jyoti at 10:03 Permanent Link Comments (2)

No comments: